The Kidney is an organ, which plays a very significant role in the function, of the body. Kidney assists to regulate the blood by sorting out unwanted stuffs from it. Kidney promotes appropriate blood pressure, stable electrolyte, and develops a red blood cell formation, in the body. The Kidney is situated back of the abdomen and a side of the spine. The flow of blood reaches, to the kidney via the renal arteries straightly from the aorta, and drive the blood reverse, into the heart through renal stratum, to the vena cava. The kidney holds the capacity, to scrutinize the absorption of fluids called sodium, potassium, electrolytes, and the acid-level, of the body. After, absorption of fluids, kidney feeler will decide how much amount of urine, to be leaked. The presence, of sufficient amount of water, in the body promotes a healthy kidney and clean urine. It also reduces the risk of kidney stone formation. Kidney promotes erythropoietin in the body, which motivates the bone marrow, to produce red blood cells. Some significant cells in the kidney absorb oxygen of blood, once oxygen level decreases the level of erythropoietin increases, which generates more red blood cells.
Causes of kidney failure
- Low blood supply: an insufficient supply of blood may cause kidney failure.
- Lack of fluid: an insufficient consumption of fluid or water may results kidney failure.
- Severe illness: some of the causes of kidney failure are severe illness; since it breaks down the immune system of the body, due to infections, which leads to swelling in the kidney; that results kidney failure.
- Over medications: some disorder of the kidney causes due, to excessive intake of medicine. Medicines are found harmful, to the kidney; since it carries a high amount of effective drugs, whose excessive intake inhabitant the kidney function. Medications of tuberculosis, cancers, diabetes, pain killer, etc. are some of the risky medicines that may lead, to kidney failure.
- Lack of Fiber in the body: due to trauma, injuries, burns, etc. the muscles of the body get affected, which results decreases in fiber clog in the muscles; that makes the kidney system more difficult, to sort the waste. Hence, it increases the risk of kidney failure.
- Many other: occurrence of tumors in the stomach may block the ureters, which may lead to disorder of the kidney. Further, persistent of some diseases may also increase the chances, of kidney failure. Severe diabetes, the problem of high blood pressure, improper fluid intake, insufficient supply, of blood towards the kidney, enhances the risk of kidney damages.
Symptoms and signs of kidney failure
However, the symptoms of kidney failure cannot be recognized easily; since it carries general symptoms which have been ignored by the people, normally. When the function of the kidney absorbs less fluid, it results obstruction in the kidney to circulate waste stuffs, formation of red blood cells, and electrolytes. Further, an increase in urea level, in the blood may obstruct the system of the kidney, to perform. Formation of acidity, due to the improper creation of bicarbonate; may change the metabolism of oxygen and enzyme, which leads to kidney failure. Further, a reduction in the formation of red blood cells and development of waste in the bloods may cause kidney failure. Besides, there are many other symptoms, which can be observed, that are listed below.
- High blood pressure
- Nausea vomiting and giddiness
- High blood pressure
- Difficulty in passage of urine and finding dark colored urine
- Anemia, and reduction in appetite level
- Rapid Weight loss
- Unhealthy immune system, finding fatigue and dull
- Headache and lack of sleep
- Mental disorder
- Pain in the lower back, inflammation in the feet, and ankles
- Muscles cramps and jerks
- Bleeding stool
- Turning of skin in yellow or brownish color
Diagnosis of kidney disorders
If, the people are suffering from such symptoms, it becomes easy to diagnose the kidney disorder. However, if the people carry these indications for a long time, then they can go under the procedure of blood test, urine test, abdominal test, and many other tests, to diagnose the result, of kidney obstructions.
- Blood test: the kidney barriers can be examined through blood test; since it indicates the clear results. It scrutinizes the waste products in the blood and filtered blood rate, which indicates the improper function, of the kidney.
- Urine test: it is another way of diagnosing kidney disorders. This test examines the range of protein, the level of electrolytes, and detects the existence of abnormal cells.
- Ultrasound test: an abdominal ultrasound test is a further way, to diagnose kidney failure. These tests classify the size of the kidney, which helps to recognize the kidney disorders.
- Biopsy test: In such test a minor needle is placed inside the kidney, to remove the bit amount of tissues, to inspect bacteria. This scrutinizing helps, to understand the present condition, of the kidney, and to diagnose the kidney disorders.
Treatments of kidney disorder
However, the kidney failure is mostly identified in old age people. There are several treatments, to get relief from kidney disorders.
Diet: diet is the main source to treat or to get prevented from kidney disorders. Maintain a diet, which holds all the essential properties of minerals, vitamins and proteins.
Medications: using medications are another method, to treat the problem of kidney disorders.
Dialysis: dialysis for kidney takes place when the above treatments fail to work. Dialysis assists, to clean and wash out the waste products from the body through sorting system. It is of two types hemodialysis, and 2) peritoneal dialysis.
Hemo-dialysis: the filter machines are used, to eradicate salts and other soluble waste products from the body, and stabilize the electrolyte level.
Peritoneal dialysis: this dialysis washes out the presence of cavities inside the layer of the stomach by filtering, which helps to stabilize the electrolyte level, of the body.
Kidney transplantation: if everything fails to prevent the kidney; the transplantation of kidney takes place. It is a last option, to treat kidney disorders.